18 October 2008

October 11th- The Day of Nine Colors


Nine colors. Unbelievable. Laura and I made NINE batches of fondant. Seriously? Wow...this realization makes me quite proud...

I knew there were several colors...but this explains why she didn't leave my house until EIGHT at night!

There is an abundance of light blue and pink, tomato red, white, black, navy, burgundy, dark brown, and reddish brown.

Making fondant is probably the best part of the whole process. It causes little to no yelling, only a moderate mess, and COOL colored hands for a day or so. Cool colored hands get you attention everywhere you go. People ask "WHAT have you been doing???" Also, the prep (buying the TOP SECRET ingredients) leads people to ask "WHAT in the WORLD are you MAKING?!?!" Laura and I had SO much fun talking to complete strangers that day about our cakes.

October 11- the "Day of Nine Colors"- will forever live in my memory as a day of happiness and success. Long live fondant, long live CAKE!

-Mallory